Wireless technology sWave® 2.4 GHz
Wireless foot switches have many advantages in machine and plant engineering, for different reasons. On the one hand, cables are dangerous tripping hazards; on the other hand, cables restrict ergonomic comfort because the operator cannot position the foot switch freely in front of the machine. This technology, operating on the license-free 2.4 Ghz frequency band, offers high reliability and robustness.
Most of the wireless technologies in use today operate on the 2.4 GHz frequency band. Devices using these wireless technologies have become an integral part of the existing infrastructure in offices and production lines. In cases where WLAN, IEEE 802.15.4 (ZigBee) and sWave® 2.4 must be operated in parallel, the 2.4 GHz frequency band is working to full capacity. Through a special procedure a coexistence with sWave® and other technologies is secured to the greatest possible extent.
- Specific wireless system for high reliability
- Energy-saving 2.4 GHz wireless technology
- Short link-up time after »power on« (< 200 ms)
- Short data exchange time (20 ms)
- Low power consumption
- Coexistence with WLAN and Bluetooth
- Interference-free parallel operation of several transmission and receiving units through a special »pairing« procedure
- 2.4 GHz ISM band frequency hopping procedure
- Frequency hopping with FSK procedure with 8 channels in 4 frequency groups
- Licensable worldwide
- No legally stipulated limitation of utilization time with regard to duty cycle