Measure distance and measure thickness with sensor
In many processes, similar values such as the distance or thickness of an object must be determined. In such applications, the laser distance sensors of the FT 50 RLA-series (which operate using the triangulation principle), and the particularly far-sighted FR 92 retroreflective photoelectric sensor (which measures distances of up to 250 m with an accuracy in the µm range by means of light time-of-flight technology), have proved useful. And our Eyesight vision system, with a function library of over 100 functions, is available for detailed inspections of dimensional accuracy.
In the past 20 years, SensoPart became specialist in detection, positioning, identification and recognizing of measuring colours and contrast.
Dancer roll regulation and sag monitoring
An FT 50-RLA laser distance sensor determines the position of the dancer roll and thus ensures even winding of the coil.
- Precise determination of dancer roll position for active traction force regulation of the web being wound
- Reliable detection regardless of the target object's surface properties
- Short response time for rapid processes
- Variety of measurement ranges for numerous tasks
- RS-485 interface and analogue output
Monitoring the sag of carpets
The UT 20 ultrasonic sensor checks the sag of textile floor coverings in order to ensure even winding. The ultrasonic sensor with sound cone UT 20-S from Sensopart has a very compact cubic shape. The narrow sound cone allows objects to be detected through the smallest openings and drilled holes with a diameter of less than 5 mm. Read more about ultrasonic sensors.
- Highly accurate distance measurement
- Reliable operation on all surfaces: textiles, paper, foils (also transparent)
- Product range with analogue and switching outputs
- Very small housing for simple installation even when space is limited
Crane positioning with light time-of-flight distance sensors
The FR 92 distance sensormeasures the horizontal position of the jib on a gantry crane and thus improves collision prevention.
- Non-contact and robust light time-of-flight measurement instead of wear-prone mechanical distance determination
- Operating range of up to 250 m
- Various interfaces including SSI and RS 422
- High repeatability accuracy and high measurement rates
Determining coil thickness on a packaging machine
An FT 50 RLA laser distance sensormeasures the distance to the coil surface in order to activate roll changes.
- Small housing for easy integration
- High accuracy regardless of target object's surface properties
- Short response time
- Programmable switching outputs
Measurement of turned parts on a rotary table
Turned parts can be inspected for dimensional accuracy with the Eyesight vision system.
- Compact smart camera with C-mount lens and dirt protection tube
- Appropriate illumination (surface light) for a reliable solution
- Intuitive graphic user interface
- Comprehensive functions library with numerous image-processing tools
- Images and results visualised for users via Ethernet
Vision cameras are suiteble for the simplest detections to robot applications. With the vision cameras there is always a solution. From object detection, measuring distance, measuring thickness, recognizing color, recognizing (bar) codes to breaking control. Read more about vision cameras.