Positioning with sensors
In order to be able to pick up a workpiece or component from a belt with a targeted robot gripper one has to know the exact position in advance.
Our photoelectric proximity sensors with background suppression in the FT 10-series and FT 25-series are ideally suited for such tasks. If, in a pick & place application, the X-/Y-position and orientation are also required, or if complex assemblies must be inspected for correct and complete assembly, we recommend our vision sensors in the VISOR® series, which can detect several features in a single pass. Read more about vision sensors and cameras.
Precise circuit board front-edge detection
- Flexible mounting thanks to adjustable background suppression
- Reliable detection even with reflective metallic parts in the background
- Very low space requirement(dimensions only 21 x 14 x 8 mm 3)
- Precise switching behaviour due to small laser light spot (Laser Class 1)
Object front-edge detection
- No impairment by highly reflective or moving backgrounds and transport belts
- High scanning distance with all common materials and surfaces
- Adjustable, precise background suppression (distance measurement principle)
- Simple scanning distance adjustment via teach-in
- Very easily visible light spot for simple alignment
- Wide range of different types and designs
- Also available as a laser version for highly precise detection tasks
The FT 25-series proximity switch is available with a protection degree of IP69K.
Monitoring IC pins
- Reliable even with highly reflective metal parts
- High scanning rate possible with high switching frequency
- Independent of object colour and surface
- Backgrounds located very close to the object are reliably suppressed