Safe working in confined machines
- One conveyor
- Two robot palletising cells
- The machine is fully protected by a fence with three entrances. One input for each robot cell and one input to the rear of the conveyor belt. All doors are equipped with a safety switch.
If the input of a robot cell is opened, for example by an incoming fork-lift truck, the robot stops. If the input to the conveyor belt is opened, the entire system stops. The loaded pallets are removed by a forklift through the entrance at the front of each robot cell. Both openings are protected by a safety light curtain. When the interruption of a light curtain stops the associated robot. The reset button is mounted near each light screen.
- 2 safety light curtains
- 2 reset buttons for the safety light curtains
- 3 door switches
- 4 emergency stop buttons
Solution with programmable safety relay Mosaic
If we apply safety relay, it is necessary to use a minimum of six relays for the desired functionality:
- 2 safety relays for the light curtains
- 3 safety relay for door switches
- 1 safety relays for the emergency stop button
Applying the Reer Mosaic is sufficient for the following hardware, consisting of only two two programmable safety controllers:
- 1 base unit M1
- 1 expansion module MI802
As the picture on the right shows, the software with which the safety controller is programmed with a clear overview of the situation. Features are easy to add or adapt to it.