Measurement of speed and position on slow revolving direct drive generators on wind turbines
Sancon eCODE Encoders SCA94DD
The encoders in the eCODE series by Scancon use a precision interpolating optical system which provides high resolution and accuracy. The SCA94DD eCODE encoder is particularly developed to be used in wind power generation on slow rotating direct drive generators.
Encoders with interpolating system
All data from the interpolating system are processed by the microprocessor insuring that all position and other data is accurate and recent within a few microseconds. Measured values are available over a Profibus interface are present. All communication is handled by a powerful microprocessor which ensures low latency and short cycle time.
Encoder with programmable functions
The eCODE series implements several programmable functions including resolution and direction of rotation. It also implements diagnostic functions with error and status. Programmable functions can be programmed by the customer.
Precise measurement on low rotation speed by encoder
Due to the very high resolution it is able to measure rotor speed and position quickly and with high accuracy. Also other fields of industry can benefit from the SCA94DD’s ability to measure low rotation speed precisely.
- Encoder specifically designed for measurement of speed and position on slow revolving Direct Drive generators on Wind Turbines
- High resolution of speed and position
- High update rate of speed, typically 10ms.
- Profibus interface for easy integration with existing PLC’s
- Rugged design for operation in harsh environments
- Built-in transient suppression module