Measurement and automation light curtains
The compact measurement light screen from ReeR Safety 'Micron' has been developed for industrial automation applications where it is necessary to detect, measure or recognize objects. Measurement and detection light screens are used for measurement, automation and control. Depending on the number and position of the interrupted beams, the Micron measurement light screen communicates relevant information to PC or PLC.
Micron measurement light curtains
The Micron measurement light screens from ReeR Safety are ideal for detecting the presence or absence of objects, counting products, determining the position of a certain object, detecting shape and profile and determining dimensions. There are three variants: Micron AC / AV, Micron B and Micron C.
Micron Configurator software for PC with graphical user interface is supplied with every light screen (only models A and B with an M5 connector)
- Models A and B are equipped with a 4-pin M5 connector
- Resolution steps: 5-10-20-25-50-75 mm.
- Variable height from 150 to 3000 mm.
- Diameter size: 28 x 30 mm (same as EOS safety light curtains)
Measurement light curtain Micron with IO-Link
The ReeR Micron series measurement light curtain are designed for object detection, part counting, position determination, checking shape, profile or dimensions. To communicate this real-time data quickly and efficiently via an IO-Link master to a PLC, the Micron detection light curtain is now available with IO-Link. Read more about IO-Link.
Features of the light curtain detection with IO-Link:
- Protected height: 150… 3000mm
- Resolution: 10...30 mm
- Connector: M12 5-pole
- Temperature: -10 ° C to + 55 ° C
- Degree of protection: IP65 to IP67
Measurement automation light grids
Meausrement automation light grids Micron AV and AC are equipped with two analog outputs. Micron AV 0/10VDC and Micron AC 4/20mA. The measurement light curtains have programmable functions and two programmable digital outputs. Measurement light curtains for simple measurements thanks to the userfriendly interface. Ideal for object measurements and limit value detection.
Features light curtain Micron AV and AC
The measurement light curtain has adjustable heights from 150 mm to 3000 mm. Models with a distance/beam distance of 5 mm are available with adjustable heights from 150 mm to 1500 mm. The measurement curtain is programmable through the USB interface on the M5 4-pin connector. Digital outputs: 0 / 24V, PNP and 100mA.
Measurement automation light curtain with RS 485 interface
Micron B measurement light curtain is equipped with an RS 485 serial interface with programmable functions and two programmable digital outputs. This solution provides complete and detailed information about the status of each beam via the RS485 interface. Due to the 2 programmable digital outputs certain conditions can be issued. Think hereby of objects that are larger than x-amount rays. This solution is ideal for measurement, detection, profile measurement and position.
Characteristics Micron B measurement light curtain:
- Adjustable heights: 150 mm - 3000 mm
- 150 mm - 1500 mm - (models with a distance of 5 mm)
- Programming interface: USB interface on M5 4-pin connector
- Digital outputs: 0 / 24V PNP 100mA
- Possibility to connect up to three micron B light curtains as nodes of an RS 485 series line for simultaneous detection of multiple dimensions and complex measurements.
Measurement light curtain with 2 antivalent solid-state outputs
The Micron C light curtain is equipped with two antivalent solid-state outputs. Solution providing simple on/off information related to the status of the controlled area. Ideal for piece counting and detection of object presence/absence in the controlled field.
Characteristics Micron C light screen
- Adjustable heights: 150 mm - 3000 mm
- 150 mm - 1500 mm (models with a distance of 5 mm)
- 2 - solid state 0 / 24V antivalent - PNP 100 mA
- Ideal for counting pieces and detecting the presence / absence of objects in the controlled field.
- MicronConfigurator software for PC, with graphic user interface, is supplied with each light curtain (models A and B only).
- Models A and B are provided with an M5 4-pole connector for parameter configuration and monitoring of the light curtain.
- USB interface to be connected to a PC using the CSU M5 cable.
- Main Connections with M12 connectors.
- Up to 50 m of electrical connections with unshielded cables.
- Possibility of connection of up to 8 Micron B light curtains as nodes of an RS-485 serial line for simultaneous detection of multiple dimensions and complex measurements.
Heated and waterproof housing for measurement light curtains
Waterproof housings make it possible to use detection light curtains in extreme applications. The IP69K housing makes the detection light curtain suitable for constant exposure to cleaning agents and high-pressure water.
Detection light curtains can also be used outdoors. Not only watertightness plays a role here. Condensation affects the operation of a detection light curtain. A heated casing offers the solution here. Due to a small heating element, there is no condensation in the waterproof housing and the detection light screen can be used for outdoor applications. The detection light curtains are ECOLAB certified.
Areas of applications - Measurement automation light grids
- Measurement of the height of objects in transit on transport systems
- Quality control: verification of presence, absence or position of holes
- Two-dimensional detection of objects in transit on transport systems using two light curtains
- Automatic warehouses
- Measurement and identification of cylinders of different sizes
- Detection of position and profile of parts in automatic paint systems
- Loop control
- Quality control: verification of the correct positioning of objects
- Detection of general dimensional limits of vehicles for handling vehicles in automatic parking garages
- Measurement of the width and position of panels or sheets of material in transit on roll units or conveyor belts